NKF’s regulatory team is considered a leading practice in Switzerland. With contentious and non-contentious financial services regulatory expertise, we advise on the full spectrum of regulatory issues. We are recognised for our innovative work and track record of attracting the most significant instructions in this constantly changing market and legal landscape. Many of the largest Swiss and international banks and other financial services providers seek our advice when they implement new strategies and projects. Our in-depth understanding of the products and services that financial institutions offer, coupled with a sound view of the legal landscape in jurisdictions other than Switzerland, in particular in the European Union and the USA, enables us to provide our clients with commercially relevant advice in the most efficient manner. Through our representation in legislative commissions and other working groups, we are always at the forefront of developments and able to ensure that our clients are well prepared for regulatory changes.
- Advising many of the largest Swiss and international financial institutions, such as banks, securities dealers and external portfolio managers on all contractual and regulatory matters
- Advising many of the largest Swiss and international financial market infrastructures, such as payment systems, trade repositories and central counterparties, on all contractual regulatory matters
- Advising stock exchanges, multilateral and organised trading facilities and other trading platforms on all contractual and regulatory matters
- Representing our clients before FINMA, the Financial Market Supervisory Authority and assisting our clients in obtaining regulatory licenses and approvals
- Advising on complex anti-money laundering and other compliance matters
- Advising on the regulatory implementation and compliance with new financial market regulations, such as the Swiss Financial Services Act or the Swiss Financial Institutions Act
- Issuing legal opinions and memoranda on complex contractual and regulatory matters
- Working with industry associations and clients to represent their views effectively before regulator and government.