Our Real Estate expertise
Our Real Estate Team specialises in high value, complex real estate transactions including sale and lease back transactions, hotel and leisure projects and the development of former industrial sites.
We advise on property acquisition and investment, development and construction, regulatory framework and structures, management, insurance, financing, restructuring, and disposal of all asset classes of real estate.
The Real Estate team works seamlessly with our Tax, Banking, Finance & Regulatory and Dispute Resolution teams to provide the full service offering needed in large scale and cross-border real estate projects.
- Advising and representing RUAG Real Estate AG and Nidwalden AirPark AG, both subsidiaries of RUAG Holding AG which is fully owned by the Swiss Confederation, in proceedings regarding the master plan for 90,000 sqm of land at Buochs Airport for the competence centre for airspace technology
- Counsel to a consortium of Cellnex Telecom (listed on the stock exchanges of Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia), Swiss Life Asset Managers and Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners on the CHF 500m acquisition of Swiss Towers AG with a portfolio of 2,239 telecom towers in Switzerland from Sunrise Communications AG
- Counsel to Fortimo Group in the sale, structured as asset deals, of a large residential real estate portfolio in 9 different cantons of Switzerland
- Counsel to SIX listed Schroder ImmoPLUS in the acquisition of the Zimmer Biomet manufacturing site in Winterthur
- Counsel to Procimmo 2 Swiss commercial fund in a sale and rent back transaction of the properties of Landqart AG, a subsidiary of Fortress Paper
- Counsel to Citychamp Dartong Group in the acquisition of the hotel Le Mirador Resort & Spa
- Counsel to SIX listed Schroder ImmoPLUS in the acquisition of the 4-star hotel Mövenpick in Lausanne
- Advising Eichhof Immobilien AG, a subsidiary of BVK the pension fund of the Canton of Zurich, on the complex legal issues arising in the development of the former industrial site Eichhof West
- Counsel to Credit Suisse in the sale of different residential properties in various cantons of Switzerland
- Advising and representing of several international banks, insurance companies and financial and audit firms in complex leasing matters
- Counsel to SIX listed Implenia AG in the acquisition, structured as a share deal, of a real estate portfolio and development unit of SIX listed Sulzer group
- Counsel to Atos/Worldline in the CHF 2,750m acquisition of SIX Payment Services and strategic partnership with SIX Swiss Exchange
- Counsel to GlaxoSmithKline plc on its asset swap (Vaccines, Oncology) and joint venture (Consumer Healthcare) transaction with Novartis
- Counsel to Numisma Group and McCafferty Asset Management in the sale, structured as a share deal, of a large real estate portfolio
- Swiss legal counsel in a large and complex acquisition of a first class investment property in Australia as part of a greater transaction in which the client sold another building by way of an asset swap
- Swiss counsel on the sale of first class investment properties in Scotland and in London.