Energy, Chemicals & Commodities
Energy – Chemicals – Commodities
The Swiss energy market is driven by long-established Swiss companies, multinational commodity trading houses and dynamic start-ups who lead the charge in creating innovative solutions to managing the world’s energy.
Understanding the commercial business environment in which our clients operate is key to the NKF approach. We have broad and deep knowledge of the energy, chemicals and commodities sector in Switzerland.
We work closely with our domestic and international clients from clean energy start-ups to industry leaders in energy management solutions, and from major chemical producers to commodities trading firms. The NKF team combines our deep knowledge of the industry with the most up-to-date legal and regulatory expertise to help clients keep pace with the complex commercial, legal and regulatory challenges of the changing industry. We offer tailor-made, commercially sound and innovative solutions.
Our Energy team is trans-practice, combining the expertise of our Banking, Finance & Regulatory, Real Estate, Tax, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Antitrust/Competition, Technology and Dispute Resolution teams. We advise companies in the sector on acquisitions, mergers, capital markets and credit financing transactions, restructuring measures, governance and compliance and represent domestic and international clients before authorities and courts of each instance.
We excel at complex cross border transactions and at forming, leading or fitting seamlessly into multijurisdictional teams with the world’s leading law firms and coordinating project steps across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising Glencore on capital market matters and on Swiss regulatory/reporting duties in connection with the redomiciliation of one of Glencore’s issuing entities with respect to its bonds listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Counsel to Landis+Gyr, a world leader in leader in energy management solutions, and its shareholders Toshiba/INCJ in the dual track exit process, M&A sale and IPO, resulting in the CHF 2.3 billion IPO of Landis+Gyr, the largest Swiss and third largest European IPO in 2017
- Legal advisors to several Swiss based commodity trading houses on commercial and financing transactions and related contractual, regulatory and compliance matters including AML and sanctions laws
- Counsel to financing parties in commodity trade finance transactions and related Swiss security structures
- Advising Swiss energy group Repower in its recapitalization and broadening of investor base
- Counsel to the banks in the issuance of a hybrid bond by Swiss energy group Alpiq
- Counsel to SIX listed CPH Chemie + Papier Holding AG on the acquisition of assets, in particular the recovered paper sorting facility and customer and recovered paper supplier contracts, of Papierfabrik Utzenstorf AG.