Industrials – Engineering – Manufacturing
Switzerland is a well-established center for industry, engineering and manufacturing and home to many innovative global companies. The sector is an important economic engine of Switzerland, and NKF has remained at the forefront of helping key players to drive the sector’s continued impact.
We have a proven track record of representing leading businesses in the sector which has given us deep knowledge of the commercial environment. Our advice is pragmatic and informed by our business acumen.
We advise listed companies, family-owned businesses and private-equity backed businesses on some of the most prominent and complex matters in the market. Our comprehensive experience and multidisciplinary approach distinguishes the NKF team and provides clients with results-oriented representation in a wide range of practice areas.
Our industrials team combines expertise from across the firm, in particular from our Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Banking, Finance & Regulatory, Antitrust/Competition, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Real Estate, Intellectual Property and Tax teams. Our multidisciplinary approach distinguishes the NKF team and provides clients with solution-oriented comprehensive advice.
- Counsel to Landis+Gyr and its shareholders Toshiba/INCJ in the dual track exit process M&A sale and IPO resulting in the CHF 2.3 billion IPO of Landis+Gyr, the largest Swiss and third largest European IPO in 2017
- Transaction counsel on the inaugural CHF 200,000,000 bond offering by VAT Group AG, the leading global developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-end vacuum valves.The bonds will be listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Counsel to Partners Group/Capvis in the exit deal regarding VAT Group AG (world leader in high tech vacuum valves) resulting in the largest Swiss IPO in 2016
- Advising Eisvogel Group AG, a private industrial holding company on a cross-border transaction leading to the acquisition of a majority stake in Prisma Group s.r.l., a leading Italian designer and manufacturer of industrial automation solutions headquartered in Basaluzzo, Italy
- Counsel to Zeochem AG, a leading manufacturer of molecular sieves for industrial applications and of chromatography gels for the pharmaceuticals industry, in the acquisition of a majority stake in ALSIO Technology Co. Ltd from the Jiangsu Feixiang Group, domiciled in Lianyungang, China, and in the conclusion of a Joint Venture Agreement with some of the existing shareholders
- Counsel to CITTTIC Group, a group of companies specialised in the acquisition and development of European industrial companies, in the acquisition of Schaltag AG (Switzerland) and Schaltag s.r.o. (Czech Republic) from the Rieter Group
- Counsel to Knorr-Bremse AG, the world’s leading manufacturer of braking systems for rail and commercial vehicles, in the acquisition of Selectron Systems AG, Lyss
- OC Oerlikon Corporation AG in the sale of the Natural Fibers and Textile Components Business Units from its Textile Segment to the Chinese Jinsheng Group.