Technology – ICT – Media – Digital – Communications
NKF is committed to providing commercially sound pragmatic advice. We understand that knowing the business context and markets in which our clients operate is key to providing excellent legal advice.
As one of the leading advisors to telecommunications companies in Switzerland, the NKF team has first-hand experience of the strength, breadth and depth of the strong Swiss telecommunications industry. Since the liberalisation of the telecommunications market in 1998, we have been involved in almost every major transaction in the sector.
With broad expertise in IT, technology, media, broadcasting, data privacy and data security and in related investigations, compliance, arbitration and litigation, we effectively represent diverse clients across the ICT sector.
As part of a full service integrated firm, our technology sector team combines the expertise of our Technology, Corporate/M&A, Capital Markets, Banking, Finance & Regulatory, Antitrust/Competition, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Employment and Tax practices.
We have particular expertise in technology driven transactions including major mergers, acquisitions and capital markets transactions involving key telecommunications and technology players. We help clients day to day with advisory expertise and we represent clients before authorities and in court. We assist clients in protecting, defending and optimising the commercialisation of media and intellectual property rights.
Our NKF4Tech team also provides innovative legal solutions that help start-up companies grow. We support our Swiss and international venture capital clients during all phases of venture capital investment and exit.
The sector operates in a global market. The technology sector team has strong relationships with leading firms worldwide. We form, lead or fit seamlessly into multijurisdictional teams. We have the network to assist clients with worldwide projects by proactively coordinating legal project steps across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising FIFA on data protection matters and GDPR readiness including staff education, redesign of internal business and development processes, and drafting relevant legal documents
- Swiss Counsel to Worldline on a technology driven strategic partnership in which Worldline acquired SIX Payment Services, the payment services division of SIX Swiss Exchange
- Swiss Counsel to Crypto International Group AB on the acquisition of the international cyber security solutions and high security encryption systems business of Crypto AG and transfer of the Swiss business to Crypto Schweiz AG as part of a management buyout
- Advising SR Technics in a new worldwide outsourcing and compliance project involving all SR Technics subsidiaries and more than 3’500 employees worldwide
- Advising Schindler in worldwide outsourcing and IoT projects
- Swiss counsel to Microsoft on all Technology matters
- Advising the WEF, World Economic Forum on data protection matters and GDPR compliance.